Facilities

Accueil Sainte-Famille
Tracadie-Sheila, New Brunswick

Accueil Sainte-Famille (Transition House) in Tracadie-Sheila, New Brunswick is a 10 bed emergency shelter for women and children  who are victims of violence.  It was founded by the Religious Hospitallers of Saint Joseph and is sponsored by Catholic Health International.   There is a Board of Directors with the Executive Director.

The shelter not only provides security and lodging but also provides support for psychological and spiritual care with compassion.

 

Complexe de l’espoir
Tracadie-Sheila, New Brunswick

Le Complexe de l’espoir is an affordable housing complex for women and children escaping domestic violence.  The facility opened in May 2019 inTracadie-Sheila and includes six second stage housing units, including four one-bedroom units for single women and two other apartments for women with children.  The goal of this housing is to offer a safe environment to break the cycle of violence and regain independence.

 

Foyer Notre-Dame-de-Lourdes
Bathurst, New Brunswick

Foyer Notre-Dame de Lourdes is a 130-bed nursing home, which was founded in 1974 by the Religious Hospitallers of Saint-Joseph.  It is sponsored by Catholic Health International. The Board of Directors is made up of 12 members, including two members appointed by the Religious Hospitallers of Saint-Joseph.

Foyer Notre-Dame de Lourdes has a dementia unit specializing in care for residents with Alzheimer’s disease.  In addition, it includes a respite care bed for the region as well as a palliative care bed.

There is a Residents’ Council and programs are in place to promote health, safety and infection prevention.  In the year 2000 a new facility was opened to replace existing building.  The home has approximately 145 employees. 

 

Hôpital de l’Enfant-Jésus RHSJ†
Caraquet, New Brunswick

L’Hôpital de l’Enfant-Jésus was founded by the Religious Hospitallers of Saint Joseph.  It is owned and sponsored by Catholic Health International, and operated by Vitalité Health Network.  An advisory committee is appointed by Catholic Health International to ensures the continuity of the mission.

L’Hôpital de l’Enfant-Jésus offers diagnostic services (medical imaging, laboratory, electrodiagnosis), therapeutic services (physiotherapy, occupational therapy, respiratory therapy, clinical nutrition, speech therapy and social services), and a walk-in clinic.  Other clinical services include surgery, cardiology, medicine, gastroenterology, dermatology, urology, pediatrics and endocrinology, oncology, cervical cancer screening, influenza vaccine and mother-child. There are also services offered as a multidisciplinary team such as cardiac rehabilitation, pulmonary rehabilitation, diabetes management and pediatric development team.

 

Hôpital Stella-Maris-de-Kent
Ste-Anne-de-Kent, New Brunswick

L’Hôpital Stella-Maris-de-Kent Hospital was founded by the Religieuses Notre-Dame-du-Sacré-Cœur.  It is owned and sponsored by Catholic Health International, and operated by Vitalité Health Network.  An Advisory Committee is appointed by and is accountable to Catholic Health International to ensures the continuity of the mission.  The hospital provides emergency and primary health care services to a rural population of approximately 40,000 inhabitants in more than 22 francophone, Anglophone and native communities.

The health care team, in this 20 bed hospital, is made up of more than 10 physicians, 110 employees, a chaplain and over 20 volunteers.  The population has access to a growing number of outpatient clinics.  The hospital also offers therapeutic and diagnostic services.  The Extra-Mural Program ensures continuity of care through home care services offered by a multidisciplinary team.

 

Hôtel-Dieu de Saint-Joseph de Saint-Quentin
Saint-Quentin, New Brunswick

L’Hôtel-Dieu Saint-Joseph de Saint-Quentin was founded by the Religious Hospitallers of Saint Joseph in April 1947. It is owned and sponsored by Catholic Health International, and operated by Vitalité Health Network.  An Advisory Committee is appointed by and is accountable to Catholic Health International to ensures the continuity of the mission.

The hospital is currently a 6 bed acute care facility providing emergency services 24 hours a day.  Specialists and other professionals from the Edmundston Regional Hospital visit the hospital regularly to provide ambulatory care services to the population.

 

Hotel Dieu of St. Joseph
Perth-Andover, New Brunswick

Hotel Dieu of St. Joseph Hospital was founded by the Religious Hospitallers of Saint-Joseph.  It is owned and sponsored by Catholic Health International, and operated by Horizon Health Network.  An Advisory Committee is appointed by and is accountable to Catholic Health International to ensures the continuity of the mission.

It is an acute care hospital consisting of 22 beds and provides many acute care services to the population of the area including many ambulatory clinics.  Visiting specialists from other facilities within Horizon Health Network visit the Hospital on a regular basis to provide services in such areas a cardiology, ENT, internal medicine, neurology, oncology, pediatrics, and physical medicine.

 

Hotel Dieu Place
Miramichi, New Brunswick

Hotel Dieu Place was founded by the Religious Hospitallers of Saint-Joseph.  It is owned and sponsored by Catholic Health International.  Incorporated by a Special Act of the Legislature of the Province of New Brunswick in 1902, this Corporation, (originally The Sisters of the Hotel Dieu of Chatham N.B.) has the power to conduct and control an educational institution, a hospital, an orphanage and a home for the aged and infirm.

In 2010 the name of the Corporation was legally changed to Hotel Dieu Place, a seniors’ residential facility.

 

Mount St. Joseph of Chatham, N.B.
Miramichi, New Brunswick

Mount St Joseph of Chatham, N.B. was founded by the Religious Hospitallers of Saint Joseph in 1949.   It is owned and sponsored by Catholic Health International.  It operated as a Nursing Home until October 2019.  Presently options are being considered for the repurposing of the facility.

 

Les Oeuvres de l’Hôtel-Dieu Saint-Joseph
Saint-Basile, New Brunswick           

Les Oeuvres de l’Hôtel-Dieu Saint-Joseph (Résidence Hôtel-Dieu) is a seniors residential facility which offers a continuum of care and was founded by the Religious Hospitallers of Saint-Joseph in Saint-Basile New Brunswick.  It is sponsored by Catholic Health International.

Originally a convent school for girls, the facility was founded in 1857 by the Sisters of Charity of Saint John to meet the educational needs of Madawaska, New Brunswick.  In 1873, seven Religious Hospitallers of Saint Joseph from Montreal arrived in Saint-Basile and replaced the Sisters of Charity, who had supervised the Académie du Madawaska from 1857 to 1873.

Today, a mixture of independent residents, residents with special needs and residents with Alzheimer’s disease occupy most of two wings of the Hôtel-Dieu.  The remaining space is used for a chapel, a museum, foundation, library, dyslexia clinic and kindergarten organized and managed by lay people. The third wing contains the living quarters of the sisters and the infirmary.

 

Rocmaura Nursing Home
Saint John, New Brunswick

Rocmaura Inc. was founded by the Sisters of Charity of the Immaculate Conception in 1972 and is owned and sponsored by Catholic Health International.  Rocmaura is a loving home for 150 people, providing compassion and support for those who are unable to live in their own homes. 

Rocmaura is divided into four (4) separate courts in a modular care model that focusses on the needs of those who live there.  Each Court has their own dedicated staff and recreational programming.  Trinity Court (24 bed dementia special needs unit), Garden Court (49 bed sister unit to Trinity Court), Terrace Court (48 bed physical care unit), and Hopewell Court (29 bed cognitively well unit).

With a particular focus on mission Rocmaura Nursing Home and St. Joseph’s Hospital  share a Director of Mission funded by the Sisters of Charity of the Immaculate Conception.

 

St. Joseph Community Health Centre
Dalhousie, New Brunswick

St. Joseph Community Health Centre (Dalhousie) was founded in 1953 by the Congrégation des Filles de Jésus.  It is owned and sponsored by Catholic Health International, and operated by Vitalité Health Network.  An Advisory Committee is appointed by and is accountable to Catholic Health International to ensures the continuity of the mission.  In 2005 the facility changed its mandate to become a community health center.

The Saint-Joseph Community Health Center offers primary care services, promotion and prevention programs, chronic disease management as well as a community mobilization and development program. The facility continues to provide specialized ambulatory care and mobile clinics, 24-hour-a-day, seven-day-a-week walk-in service supported by diagnostic services. An outreach community health center, which is located 40 km away from the community health center, offers family medicine and nursing services, diabetes education programs, nutrition counseling, public health and mental health and roving specialist services.

 

St. Joseph’s Hospital
Saint John, New Brunswick

St. Joseph’s Hospital was founded by the Sisters of Charity of the Immaculate Conception.  It is owned and sponsored by Catholic Health International, and operated by Horizon Health Network.  An Advisory Committee is appointed by and is accountable to Catholic Health International to ensures the continuity of the mission.

St. Joseph’s Hospital, located in the center of the City of Saint John, is known as a Center of Excellence for Geriatric Medicine. The hospital is also home to a thriving ambulatory Surgical Center, a comprehensive Breast Health Program, women’s health services, various medical and surgical clinics, diagnostic/therapeutic services, an Urgent Care Centre, the St. Joseph’s Community Health Centre and the New Brunswick Eye and Tissue Bank.

With a particular focus on mission St. Joseph’s Hospital and Rocmaura Nursing Home share a Director of Mission funded by the Sisters of Charity of the Immaculate Conception.